Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Hidden Truth (Anipals Anonymous)

It was my greatest fear. The fiercest dog, fastest car or meanest alley cat did not pose a threat as great as this. My mum, is an Anipal. I just don't understand how this happened. I am perfectly capable of communicating for myself. True, my furry paws do make it difficult to type, but I manage.  Her hidden shame wasn't apparent at first, largely because it was hidden. Now that I think back, the signs were all there, plain as the whiskers on my handsome, blue eyed, pink nosed face. The occasional meow slipping into conversations with her friends. I noticed she stopped removing my hair from her clothes, then gradually, she started adding fake fur embellished clothing. Now, her wardrobe consisted of nothing but white fake fur. She began requesting that her meals were served to her out of my cat bowls, on the floor! 

I was left with only one option. Anipals Anonymous. A support group just for her and the thousands of others like her. What I don't understand is, what compelled her to become me? Was it my long whiskers, luxurious tail, or my gorgeous blue eyes? I bet it was the ear tuffs, they are my finest feature. Rest assured, I will be there for my mum. After all who will get my food, clean my litter box and play mousie fetch with me? 

A special thanks to Cokie the Cat for his guidance and support, and the bumper sticker!!!! Coolio ~^..^~

2 comments:

  1. That is a great bumper sticker. You know - I think my ooman night need one of those too. She beginning to act more cat like every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noz!!! She's caught it. Well, there are worse things. She could be acting like a doggy.

    ReplyDelete