Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hearts


I've seen some pretty amazing heart shaped markings on kitties. I guess mine falls in the category of, "in just the right light and angle, stand on one leg and squint category." So yes, I too have a heart shape. When I was a kitten, I was more white than anything. My tan markings were only hints of shapes. The heart pattern didn’t come in until I was older. (Rag dolls take three years to mature and their markings get darker as we get older.) If that is the case, you may be wondering, then why is my name Kokoro?  Kokoro is Japanese for heart, (this is a simplified translation). There are actually a couple of reasons why. Because I follow the belief, that a short blog is a good blog, I'll only share one.

My mum is something of an idealist. The idea that lodged it self firmly in her head was, that she had to have a therapy cat. Her number one reason in acquiring me, was for us to volunteer for the Humane Society and bring a small bit of happiness to people. It was her recent custom to give her cat’s Japanese names. Her daughter, who was studying Japanese at the moment suggested kokoro, and told mum the meaning, instantly mum knew that would be my name. Mum really hoped that one of my amorphous shapes might turn out to be a heart. In the meantime she decided to take liberties with my comic self in “Kokoro Purrs” and drew me with a heart on my right back side.

One day, while out for our walk, mum noticed that I actually do have a heart on my right back side! Pretty amazing if you ask me. I wonder if she draws me with wings, I might sprout them? I’ll have to ask her. In the meantime, she happened to have her handy dandy G11 and snapped these!

The heart is upside down. ~^..^~


     

3 comments:

  1. Talk about a Bootiful kitty, you are it dear friend. M has seen Rag Dolls at kitty shows - so very gorgeous and apparently very loveable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wunnerfulz iz ur heart, Kokoro!! I fhink dat'z jus spectacoolarz! :)
    (Hmm... dat'z an inneresting idea, abowt doz wingz... hehehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many bootiful kitties in da world. I love them ALL! Mario.
    Hey GlamKitty, mum did a drawing of Oogie wid wings, I'm watching her very very carefully. <3

    ReplyDelete